Every release of Visual Studio continues to add more features to help improve developer productivity.
In this episode, we’re joined by Kasey Uhlenhuth (@kuhlenhuth) who shows some of the refactoring features available in Visual Studio 2017 and a few new ones that are coming in the Visual Studio 2017 15.8 update.
- [01:42] – Renaming support
- [03:11] – Extracting methods
- [04:05] – Inverting If statements (VS 2017 15.8)
- [05:41] – Adding parameters to methods (VS 2017 15.8)
- [10:35] – Documentation on available refactoring features
- [12:18] – VS 2015 refactoring support vs VS 2017
Take a look at the links below to learn more about the productivity enhancements available in Visual Studio 2017.
- Visual Studio 2017 productivity guide
- Getting started writing a custom analyzer and code fix
- Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8 Preview 3
Code refactoring support in Visual Studio 2017 | On .NET
Source: MSDN Channel 9